söndag 26 februari 2012

30 days of books. Day 17.

Länge sedan jag svarade på en fråga i 30 days of books-utmaningen så tyckte det var dags nu.
Dagens fråga är:


Day 17 – Favourite quote from your favourite book

Hade lite svårt att välja bara en bok. Och ännu svårare att bara välja ETT citat. Det går ju inte. Först så tänkte jag välja citat från Själens osaliga längtan, men eftersom jag var lite för lat för att bläddra igenom hela boken efter några bra citat så valde jag istället City of Ashes som helt klart är en annan favorit just nu. Den innehåller ju SJUKT många roliga citat och de flesta kunde jag enkelt hitta online. Så jag väljer att skriva ner alla mina favoriter eftersom jag inte bara har ett.

Så, here we go.
“That does it," said Jace. "I'm going to get you a dictionary for Christmas this year."
"Why?" Isabelle said.
"So you can look up 'fun.' I'm not sure you know what it means.”


“We came to see Jace. Is he alright?"
"I don't know," Magnus said. "Does he normally just lie on the floor like that without moving?” 


"No, I'm just a very naughty boy. I do all sorts of bad things. I kick kittens. I make rude gestures at nuns.” 


"Mom. I have something to tell you. I’m undead. Now, I know you may have some preconceived notions about the undead. I know you may not be comfortable with the idea of me being undead. But I’m here to tell you that undead are just like you and me … well, okay. Possibly more like me than you.”


“Is standing by the window muttering about blood something he does all the time?" asked Simon.
"No," Jace said. "Sometimes he sits on the couch and does it.”


“I'll just have them change the entry in the demonology textbook from 'almost extinct' to 'not extinct enough for Alec. He prefers his monsters really, really extinct.' Will that make you happy?”


“Isabelle drifted over, Jace a pace behind her. She was wearing a long black dress with boots and an even longer cutaway coat of soft green velvet, the color of moss. "I can't believe you did it!" she exclaimed. "How did you get Magnus to let Jace leave?"
"Traded him for Alec," Clary said.
Isabelle looked mildly alarmed. "Not permanently?"
"No," said Jace. "Just for a few hours. Unless I don't come back," he added thoughtfully. "In which case, maybe he does get to keep Alec. Think of it as a lease with an option to buy."
Isabelle looked dubious. "Mom and Dad won't be pleased if they find out."
"That you freed a possible criminal by trading away your brother to a warlock who looks like a gay Sonic the Hedgehog and dresses like the Child Catcher from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang?" Simon inquired. "No, probably not.” 


“I've got a stele we can use. Who wants to do me?"
"A regrettable choice of words," muttered Magnus.” (Hahaha, klockren!)

1 kommentar:

  1. Svar: Tack så mycket!:D Jag håller med om att det är roligare att se de som är bakom kameran, men jag har inte riktigt bestämt mig för om jag vill visa mig på internet, så sålänge får det vara så här:)

    SvaraRadera

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...